DV Weekend Pickup #51
It's hard to start anywhere else when describing this book then by calling it the classic beyond classics. At last count, this book has sold over 100 million copies worldwide and has inspired millions to take action with their lives. Perhaps, there is no better starting point if you wish to do the same.
"Every adversity, every failure, every heartbreak carries with it the seed of equal or greater benefit."
The origination of the book started from Hill's conversations with one of the wealthiest Americans ever, Andrew Carnegie. It motivated Hill to then meet with over 500 of America's wealthiest from all different industries with one commonality, starting from nothing. Upon it's release in 1937 on the heals of the Great Depression, it immediately sent waves through American business culture. He surmised this playbook to live a rich life.
- Desire - The Starting Point of All Achievement
- Faith - Visualization and Belief in Attainment of Desire
- Autosuggestion - The Medium for Influencing the Subconscious Mind
- Specialized Knowledge - Personal Experiences and Observations
- Imagination - The Workshop of the Mind
- Organized Planning - The Crystallization of Desire Into Action
- Decision - The Mastery of Procrastination
- Persistence - The Sustained Effort Necessary to Induce Faith
- Power of the Mastermind - The Driving Force
- The Mystery of Sex Transmutation - The Ability to Transfer Energy
- The Subconscious Mind - The Connecting Link
- The Brain - A Broadcasting and Receiving Station for Thought
- The Sixth Sense - The Door to the Temple of Wisdom
*How to Outwit the 6 Ghosts of Fear was later added as the final chapter in re-release.
For me it's even more interesting when you realize the real basis of this work. I feel it's extremely important to note the duality in the term rich as described by Hill in both financial and fulfillment. Quite honestly, you cannot have one without the other and the former does NOT dictate the latter.
Crush the day!