Okay so let me preface this post by saying I am not a nutritionist, doctor, or food expert. In fact I have absolutely no professional training in food at all. My nutrition training simply comes my own personal experience, curiosity, and research.
In 2009 I dropped from 225lbs to 185lbs and I've maintained that approximate weight for the last 7 years. My metabolism is fast but only because I've trained it consistently to be that way. I reserve a 24 hour period from Saturday 8pm to Sunday 8pm where I eat whatever I want - pasta, pizza, ice cream - you name it if I want it, I eat it! I thought it would be fun to share my daily diet because I do feel it helps me perform at my best day in, day out.
*Note - There is slight variation when I go to dinners, events, holidays, or travel but the diet below is what I eat most days.
- Breakfast (2 options)
- Protein shake (Always)
- (1) 1/4 cup steel cut oatmeal with 1/2 cup apple sauce
- (2) 2 eggs over easy, side of dry wheat toast, and cup of fruit
- Mid-Morning Snack
- Protein bar (300 cal - high protein, high fat, mid carbs, low sugar)
- Lunch (3 Options)
- (1) Grilled chicken (8oz) with cold bean salad (8oz) & veggie side
- (2) Sushi and shashimi (Watch quantity)
- (3) Grilled chicken (10oz) salad loaded with greens, avocado, peppers, fruit, etc. (Oil & Vinegar Dressing)
- Mid-Afternoon Snack
- Nuts (300 cal - Almonds, Peanuts, Cashews, etc.)
- Grilled chicken (8-10oz) with 1 cup brown rice & 1/2 bag of green veggies.
- Nighttime Snack
- Two scoops of peanut butter
Use at your own risk!